RECEIVING YOUR MEAL KIT
Hooray - you're one step closer to your rolling experience. Here are your next steps:
Immediately put your meal package into the fridge.
Catered meals - Ice cream goes into the freezer.
Rice cooker rental. The rice cooker was cleaned and sanitized prior to delivery. Rinse the bowl and lid prior to cooking your rice
Rice Cooker - easiest method
Start 1 hour before we meet
1. Measure rice. Using the cup provided, measure one cup of dry rice per person.
2. Rinse rice. Remove bowl from rice cooker unit. Add pre-measured rice to bowl. Add cool water to bowl. Drain water ensuring you don't spill any rice into your sink. Repeat until water runs clear.
3. Add water. Fill the bowl with cool water to the line on the inside of the rice bowl that corresponds with the amount of rice you measured in step 1.
4. Cook rice. Wipe the bottom of the rice bowl. Place bowl into rice cooker. Place lid on bowl. Press the on button.
5. Additional steam. The rice cooker will automatically switch to warm when done cooking. Unplug the rice cooker and let sit for 10 minutes.
6. Fluff rice. Using the provided rice paddle, gently lift and turn rice to fluff. Do not mash rice.
Important: Do not remove lid when cooking rice. Use only use the provided spoon in the rice bowl. The non-stick coating is delicate. Anything hard like metal utensils or scouring sponges will damage the coating.
Complete this step 1.5 hours before we meet.
1. Measure rice. Measure 1 cup of dry rice per person.
2. Rinse rice. Add rice to pot. Add cool water to pot. Drain water ensuring you don't spill any rice into your sink. Repeat until water runs clear.
3. Soak rice. Drain water completely from rice. Use a sieve if you have one. Add 1.2 cups of water per dry cup of rice from step 1. Let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Bring to boil. Place pot on stove on medium heat. Place tight fitting lid on pot. Bring water to a boil. Only peek to see if boiling, otherwise keep lid on!
5. Simmer. Once boiling, turn heat to low until water is absorbed. Peek quickly, lid must be kept on tight to cook properly. When the water is no longer bubbling to the top, your rice is done.
6. Let steam. Remove from stove and keep lid on. No peeking! Let sit for 10 minutes.
7. Fluff rice. Using a rice paddle or spatula, gently lift and turn rice to fluff. Do not mash rice.
We're almost there - just a couple more things before we get started
Items you'll need handy for your rolling session:
large non-metal mixing bowl
long sushi knife or chefs knife
platter to display your creations
small bowl of water
large glass/pitcher of ice water
rice cooker/pot with tight-fitting lid
small sauce pan